Monday, April 28, 2014

Shopping for Clothes

The only thing worse than shopping for groceries is shopping for clothes.  I. HATE. SHOPPING. FOR. CLOTHES.   It is such a pain in the butt to grab a handful of clothes that MIGHT fit, take them to the dressing room, take off garments, put on garments, grimace at my reflection in a mirror that is definitely not my friend.  Repeat until frustrated and flustered and leave the store empty-handed.

I have never enjoyed anything about trying on clothes.  Shopping for school clothes were some of the most miserable days of my youth.  By the time I was in the fifth grade, Mama finally got the message and left me at home while taking the other three kids to buy new clothes and shoes.  Mama would pick out clothes and shoes for me with hopes that everything would fit properly.  There wasn't really any way she could go wrong with jeans and t-shirts.  Prom dresses?  Mama picked those out for me as well.  

Poor Kristin.  She had to suffer through my bad attitude when I took her shopping for clothes.  Thank goodness for Garanimals --- the best mix and match line of clothes ever! Kristin would try on a pair of pants, shorts and shirt until we found the right size of each.  From there, I bought one of each color.  Bam!  Finished shopping in 30 minutes or less.  

These days, I am so very grateful for on-line clothes shopping.  I have determined my "true fit" with each website I visit so all I have to do is figure out what I like and put it in my virtual shopping cart.  Pop-pop, click-click!  Finished shopping in 30 minutes or less.  My sanity remains intact and my attitude is right on track.  :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment